Great Attractions of Austin
Austin, Texas has been named the ‘The Best City in America’. It also claims to be the live music hub. It’s also surrounded by lakes, parks, interesting museums, shopping facilities and home to the University of Texas. You can hire a world famous Austin Maid Service. This list of the great attraction of Austin makes you plan a trip to the city.
- The State Capitol: Standing stoically in the heart of central Austin, The State Capitol is the Chambers of the Texas Legislature and home to the office of the State Governor. Opened in 1888, this pink-granite landmark is impossible to miss. You can get a free 30-minute tour to this oldest surviving state office structure by The Texas Capitol Visitor’s Center. This a great place to learn about Texas history. Address: 112 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas.
- Lady Bird Lake: Lady Bird Lake, one of the city’s top recreational areas, Named after the wife of President Lyndon Johnson, actually a section of the Colorado River. The Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail around Lady Bird Lake the most visited and is one of the great attraction of Austin and it is truly is the heart of the city! The place serves as a popular place for runners, walkers, and cyclists. A cherished outdoor space in the city and tourists rave about peace and quiet beauty. The trail and boardwalk are open daily from 5 a.m. to midnight each day.
- Zilker Metropolitan Park: Situated in the heart of Austin, 351-acre Zilker Park gives Austin a reputation as the best place to live. The park is the center of many special events such as ACL, The Zilker Kite Festival, SWSW, and many more. It’s also a great location to set up a blanket and do some people watching. Give yourself at least two days to explore everything in this park. Don’t forget to take a dip to cool off in a popular swimming hole, Barton Springs Pool. You can use the public transport bus no 803 to reach the park.
- Watch the Bats from the Congress Avenue at Sunset:- Austin is home to 1.5 million bats, the largest urban bat colony.Each night around dusk the bats start their evening flight with a single bat leaving the bridge and briskly turns into a fast flow of countless bats. It is unexplainable until you see it by yourself.
- The University of Texas at Austin: The University of Texas is among the Great tourist attractions of Austin. TheJack S. Blanton Museum of Art has a collection of 17,000 pieces. Also, the Harry Ransom Center houses a permanent collection of rare literature and printed materials.
- Bullock Texas State History Museum:- Named after the 38th lieutenant governor, the Bullock Texas State History Museum tells the state’s story through a variety of fascinating interactive exhibits, in audio-visual displays and film.
- Mexic-Arte Museum:- The Mexic-Arte Museum showcases the city’s largest cultural influences- traditional and contemporary Latino, Mexican, and Latin American art and culture.Their museum has numerous topic-focused galleries and also hosts free “family days”.