Golden Rules of Scrubbing
1. Always start with the mildest cleaning product before moving on to stronger products or stronger concentrations of cleaning solution.
2. Some cleaning products are designed to be used full strength, while others are meant to be diluted. Always read and follow label directions. Use only the recommended amount: more will not guarantee a cleaner surface- it will only leave behind residue that can attract dirt and grime.
3. Most detergents work best in warm to hot water, but be sure to read the label instructions.
4. Use a scrub brush or a nylon scrub pad to agitate the cleaning solution on the surface you’re tending to. If the brush drags, add more solution.
5. Agitate in circular motions using light pressure. If you find yourself pressing hard as you clean, you probably need a brush with stiffer bristles or a more abrasive pad.
6. After scrubbing, let the cleaning solution sit for a few minutes to emulsify, or dissolve, stubborn dirt.
7. Rinse the surface well with a clean, damp cloth and dry it with another clean cloth.
After each use, rinse brushes thoroughly to remove any particles of food or dirt. Do not soak brushes to clean them, doing so can weaken or dislodge bristles. To prevent them from becoming moldy or sour, allow brushes to air dry before storing them. Dry them bristle side up or hanging from a hook to prevent the bristles from warping. Your Golden Rules of Scrubbing is done.
Read more on: Maidsway Cleaning Services